Adding to the aesthetical value of a property isn’t the only benefit you can get from installing stainless-steel railings. It provides stability to an establishment and safety to the people inside it.
When choosing the right type of stainless steel railing system, you need to know the best stainless steel railing manufacturers in your area. This way, you are assured of quality material without having the need to always maintain or repair your railings.
Types of Stainless Steel Railing Systems for Your Property
1. Stainless Steel and Glass Railing System
You often see this type of railing system in mall balconies, monumental stair railings, and commercial building atriums. The minimalist design of a stainless steel and glass railing system provides an unobstructed view of the other side of the place. Moreover, its sleek design gives the place a contemporary look.
2. Stainless Steel Porch Railing Systems
The covered area attached to the exterior portion of your house may also need a railing system to provide an accent to your property and keep the children from falling. However, your decision to whether or not you will have porch railings will largely depend on your community’s building code.
In most areas, homeowners are required to have a railing if the porch’s floor is over 30 inches above the ground. While it is a must to have railings or balusters when the rules say so, you have the freedom to choose the railing style that will best fit the entire structure of your home.
3. Stainless Steel Cable Railing Systems
Cable railings consist of posts with vertical or horizontal wire ropes as an infill between the posts. Compared to a stainless steel railing with iron or wood infill, a cable railing system doesn’t block the view while giving the place a modern look.
4. Stainless Steel Stair Railing Systems
Imagine the stairs without railings. Some may think that it looks cool, but most people will say that it is completely unsafe. You don’t want to go up and down a house or building if the staircase doesn’t have any railings.
A stainless steel railing system for stairs is important to prevent accidents, especially when you are in a hurry or carrying things. But if a stainless steel material doesn’t fit the look your home or building gives off, ARM Balustrade can design and install aluminium, glass, or wire balustrades for you. You can never go wrong with us because we make sure that our materials have the highest quality in Australia.
5. Stainless Steel Deck Railing Systems
A beautiful outdoor space adds value to your home. Regardless, you also have to make sure that the place is safe for people to be in. That is why installing a deck railing system is a wise choice. To give your house a simple yet elegant look, it is best to opt for stainless steel material.
Railing Materials: The Pros and Cons
Every home, apartment building, and commercial property comes with different interior and exterior designs. For this reason, a stainless steel railing system isn’t always the one you would like to install on your property.
In this section, let us discuss the different types of railing materials and their respective advantages and disadvantages.
1. Stainless Steel
- You can use it in any environment since it prevents rusting.
- It provides a sleek and modern look to your home or commercial building.
- You can give it a more durable finish through powder coating.
- It requires little maintenance, especially when galvanised.
- It is versatile, so you can have it installed in both the interior or exterior portions of your property.
- You can find a lot of stainless steel manufacturers. Therefore, it is not that hard to find.
- While it is mostly resistant to the weather, extreme heat can cause steel to bend or weaken.
- It is heavy-weight, making it difficult to install and have on-site adjustments.
- Steel is expensive compared to wood.
- It provides natural beauty.
- Some types of wood are more solid and water-resistant, such as white oak and teak.
- You can carve it in any shape you want.
- If you don’t want the wood’s natural colour, you can easily stain the material to match your preferences.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is affordable.
- It can easily catch fire and attracts a variety of pests.
- Some may find wood old-fashioned.
- Glass looks good in both interiors and exteriors as it gives a contemporary feel to the place.
- It gives an unobstructed view while providing a safety barrier.
- It is easy to clean.
- The transparency of the glass gives way to the natural light—giving the room a more spacious look.
- You need to regularly clean it since dirt and fingerprints are very visible in glass.
- Glass railings can cause accidents because you, your pets, or the birds outside can bump into the material.
- It needs utmost care during the installation because it may break.
- Aluminium has a lighter weight than stainless steel. Therefore, it is easier to install, cut, and form into different shapes.
- It is low maintenance and withstands changes in the weather.
- It is durable.
- You can powder coat aluminium if you don’t want its silvery look.
- Aluminium railing instalment can be more costly than steel.
- It is easily gets scratched and dented.
Need Handrails and Balustrades? We Got You!
If you are about to build your home, apartment, or commercial establishment, never forget to install handrails or balustrades to comply with the law and provide safety for everyone. With a lot of stainless steel manufacturers in Australia, ARM Balustrade will give you nothing but the finest materials on the continent. Apart from stainless steel railings, we also design and install aluminium, wire, and glass balustrades. Contact us now on 02 9740 7222 and get a free quote!